Join Our Campaign to Clean Up Abandoned Vessels
Abandoned vessels pose a serious environmental and navigational hazard. For too long, jurisdictional gaps have left coastal communities with nowhere to turn for help.
I have introduced Bill C-352, An Act to amend the Canada Shipping Act, 2001 and to provide for the development of a national strategy (abandonment of vessels) to:
- End the run-around and finger-pointing by designating Coast Guard as the agency responsible for directing the removal & recycling of abandoned vessels
- Build a coast-wide strategy in cooperation with local and provincial governments
- Get taxpayers off the hook by fixing vessel registration and creating a fee to help cover the cost of vessel disposal
- Prevent vessels from becoming hazards by piloting a turn-in program at safe recycling facilities
- Create good green jobs by supporting local marine salvage businesses
Please sign this petition urging the federal government to support my bill!
Add your name
Thank you for taking action to build a better Canada where no one is left behind.
Do you have friends who share your commitment to improving your community? Let them know that they can take action too.
The more people we reach, the more progress we can make – one community at a time.